Monday, July 9, 2012

The Proverbs 31 Woman. By Flavia Sargeant

I would love introduce you to an friend of mine from back in my high school years. Flavia Sargeant is a beautiful woman of God that has been on my heart for years. She has had a desire for more of God since the moment I met her in high school. Years go by and life moves on, but good friends are always friends for life and since the invention of Facebook I have had the pleasure of getting back into contact with this wonderful woman.

It's amazing how life can hit us pretty hard sometimes, but God is always there beside us gently nudging us towards Him. Moment by moment. He sees every tear and hears every deep cry out for Him.

Isaiah 26:3-4 (AMP)
3 You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You.
4 So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages].


I am so blessed that Flavia was willing to give us a bit of the testimony of what God has been doing in her life. Through our brokenness we can show God's incredible faithfulness and strength. We are not here to shout from the mountain tops that we have perfect lives but to shout out that out God is the God of  HEALING, RESTORATION and PEACE. If we lean on Him, He can be our everlasting Rock!!! God never said life would be easy, but that He would be with us every step of the way. 

Flavia, I am overwhelmed with emotion. I am so thankful for you sharing your heart and I pray a continued peace and revelation of all that God has in store for you and your family. You were a light in high school, and you will be a continued light as a mother, wife, daughter, friend and woman! All the enemy needs to do is slightly push you off your path, clouding your focus. Claim your strength and power in Christ and run full force into His arms and let Him show you, how you the incredible impact that you can make on this earth!!!! He has a job that only you can do!!! I am so excited to see what God does in your life in the next few years!!!  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Proverbs 31 Woman
by Flavia Sargeant


 As a young married woman, I spent the first few years of our almost 8 together begrudging the woman spoken of in Proverbs 31:10-31. I didn't like her, didn't like hearing about her and generally translated everything I did hear about her as condemnation towards myself. I basically felt that I would never be that kind of wife, mother, woman, she seemed un'achievable', and when I heard of other wives and moms who were displaying those wonderful qualities, I would often get envious, to be frank.

The beautiful thing about God's word is that it's not meant to bring on condemnation or shame, rather the Holy Spirit will use it to expose our sin, convict us, and, if we are willing, bring on repentance and a sanctification that will 'transform us into His likeness with ever-increasing glory...' (2 Cor. 3:18)

In the past two years as our family have journeyed through my hospitalization at a mental facility due to post-partum psychosis with all the stress, heartbreak, strain, instability - you name it - that accompanies the experience, we've seen the hand of God in a mighty way work healing, restoration, and support through a phenomenal community of supportive friends and family.
A year and a half ago, the Lord used a ministry called Restoring the Foundations to bring healing for me and our family. I was miraculously healed from all struggle with mental illness and and any dependency on medication. This healing has brought a genuine delight in me of being a mother,wife and woman of God.

More so recently, Ray (my husband) and I have determined to yield and completely surrender to God's will like never before, and with that decision, God has begun to lead us into His good and perfect will for our marriage and family. (Hebrews 10:36)

So now I love reading about the woman in Proverbs 31:10-31, whose qualities God already saw in me, I simply had to trust Him to bring them out, my heart rejoices! (Proverbs 3:5-6)

-She loves and honors her husband (vs 10-12)

-She serves her family sacrificially, is a good steward financially, with her time, and other resources (vs 13-24)

-She is not anxious, but trusts God with her self,family, relationships etc. (vs 25-27)
-She is blessed and receives honor in return (vs 28-29)

-finally, she ages gracefully, doesn't place too much value in her outward appearance but fears the Lord, and that brings her a lasting and more meaningful beauty.

This woman is radical, you won't see her in pop culture, but we will all benefit from imitating her character.


I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind (Romans 12:1-2), honored that the God who spoke this world into existence, who sustains it, and who will judge it one day, is concern with me, you (dear reader) and all the women out there who dare to be obedient and submit to His will. He is making us more like him and that is a beautiful thing.

To God be the glory♥

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please watch and be encouraged by God's words to you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY0Vz8fvIhE




No comments:

Post a Comment